Thursday, April 26, 2012

Will a DDR3 video card work with my DDR2 mobo?

I have two 2.00 GB DDR2 RAM cards in my motherboard (they are DDR2 RAM slots, obviously). Will my DDR3 video card work if I plug it into the PCI-e slot?|||yes. the video card memory is independent of normal system RAM.|||It depends on if your mobo is DDR3 compatible. Some will accept either. From your question I would have to say no but I think you should do more research and find out whether your mobo can use either. Go to the manufacturer's website. Look up the mobo that you have and check out the specs.|||Memory type between graphic card and motherboard work independently from each other, so there is no need to match memory types.



We actually have DDR4 and DDR5 on graphic cards, but only up to DDR3 on motherboard.|||It doesn't matter about the memory type. Check to make sure your video card has a PCI-e adapter, and make sure that your power supply has a plug that can go into it (if applicable)|||DDR3 Video cards and DDR2 RAM on your MOBO doesn't even have anything to do with each other. As long as there is a PCI-E Slot it would be compatible.|||It does not matter if it is in different standard as its on your graphics card.

No comments:

Post a Comment