Thursday, April 26, 2012

Buying a new video card, whats with ddr#?

I know that DDR3 is faster than DDR2. However, does it really matter? What I mean is, if i get a DDR3 video card instead of a DDR2 video card, will I be able to use the DDR3 video card on my computer, or does my computer need certain hardware to run the DDR3 video card?|||It's GDDR for Graphics cards. Completely different than DDR which is your standard ram. It really doesn't matter what the GDDR of the GPU is with regards to compatibility.|||My motherboard has two DDR3 Ram chips in them, but my video card has DDR2. There is no specification as long as the Ram is compatible with your motherboard, but considering this is on your videocard no it does not matter and you do not need any hardware except the motherboard to plug the video card into.

No comments:

Post a Comment