Thursday, April 26, 2012

How big is the difference between DDR2 and DDR3 When it comes to video cards?

I want to buy a video card but I don't know what to buy. I want to choose out of a 1GB DDR2 video card and a 512 MB DDR3 video card. The price does not matter. I only want to know which one is better. If you also know how much DDR2 a 512 MB DDR3 video card is you can also mention it to make the answer more clearly.|||It refers to the clock speed of the memory. DDR2 is slower than DDR3, and thus you get better graphics with faster clocked DDR memory. I would choose the 512 MB card because having the extra 512 (1 GB total) is not much of an advantage for today's applications. |||DDR3 is much better than DDR2 in terms of bandwidth. It has a higher prefetch buffer, so higher bandwidth. That's the key for video cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment