Friday, April 27, 2012

How can I tell if a certain motherboard is compatible with DDR3 video cards? Will it say online?

I want a motherboard that is completely compatible with DDR3 video cards.



Also, side question, is there a HUGE advantage to having two 512mb DDR3 video cards for my computer? Or am I fine with just one?



Please, suggest a motherboard and video cards for me if you have an idea on what works well. Thanks a lot! =]|||DDR3 memory on the video card has nothing to do with the motherboard ... it doesn't matter. So long as the motherboard board has a PCIe x16 1.x slot for the card it will work just fine (even if it's a PCIe 2.0 card).



Running 2 cards in SLI or Crossfire can give a huge performance increase if you play games or use high end CAD design programs .. if not the difference won't be noticed.



regards,

Philip T

No comments:

Post a Comment