Friday, April 27, 2012

Will a DDR3 Video Card work in this PC?

I have a HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7470n Desktop PC, the specifications are as follows:

Base processor

Athlon 64 X2 (T) 4200+ 2.2 GHz

2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)

ATI Radeon Xpress 200

Memory Installed 2 GB (2 x 1 GB)

Maximum allowed 4 GB* (4 x 1 GB)



*Actual available memory may be less

Speed supported PC-3200 MB/sec

Type 184 pin, DDR SDRAM

DIMM slots Four

Open DIMM slots Two



--------------------------------------



I ask this because I recently had a 512mb DDR2 video card installed in my PC that worked fine for a while. It only recently broke and I'm trying to replace it, but the card I really want is DDR3.



Thanks for any tips.|||no it will not work because this thing says so|||The type of RAM on the card has absolutely nothing to do with compatibility. Does the card have the same slot as your motherboard, whether that be AGP or PCIe? Yes? Then it'll work provided your power supply has enough juice.|||Well the DDR2 or DDR3 in a card doesnt matter....it matters only if your motherboard supports PCIE x16 or something like that



so it should support it

No comments:

Post a Comment